Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton’s, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram’s V.O., Myers’s, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We’re proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the “Best Places to Work in Kentucky” four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of “world’s most award-winning distillery” through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world’s largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth – recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry.
Provides HR support for BBK. A steward of the desired culture, providing knowledgeable and professional guidance, administers HR functions such as compliance with employment laws and regulations, policies and programs, and collective bargaining agreements; maintenance of employment records, hiring and staffing; onboarding; data collection and analysis; accurate maintenance of HRIS systems; benefits, and training and development.
- Maintains HRIS systems to insure employee personal and organizational data is accurate and up to date; maintains and audits electronic and physical employment files to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and policies/programs; compiles and analyzes data, providing reports and recommendations. Compiles and tracks key HR information. Responds to inquiries from applicants, employees, government agencies and external organizations in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Administers the hiring/bidding process for union and non-exempt positions at BBK. This includes posting positions, reviewing resumes, conducting screening interviews, coordinating pre-employment screening processes, sending offer confirmation and post-acceptance documents to selected candidates. Reviews all I9 forms for new hires to ensure accurate completion; follows up with hiring managers as needed. Facilitates the labor planning process at BBK.
- Maintains data necessary for compliance with human resource related reporting requirements, including EEOC, DOL, ERISA, UI, OSHA, etc. Manages unemployment insurance claims process for BBK, including responses to claims, representing the company at hearings, and reconciling UI tax rate. Manages the FMLA process for BBK including documentation, communication and compliance with regulations and required timelines. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
- Work closely with my manager to improve my own skills, which will lead to my improved performance and benefit my professional growth as well as the company's success. Continually seek ways to improve performance as measured by departmental KPI's. Support workforce development via administration of policies and programs; conducting training, provide coaching to improve skills and performance and ensure continuous improvement is occurring.
- Develops and distributes assigned employee communications. Participates in planning, execution and communication of employee activities at BBK. As a steward of the desired culture, assists with administration of culture survey process, analysis of survey responses and preparation of the presentations to communicate results. Compiles and analyzes exit interview information to identify trends and summarize results to address cultural issues. Reports findings and recommends corrective actions. Provides knowledgeable and professional guidance to management on employee issues and recommends ways to address.
- Guides onboarding process for new employees. Conducts new employee orientation; ensures that all new employees are given benefits, policies, and other necessary information. Develops, coordinates and communicates orientation schedules. Follows up with new employees on related questions. Leads HR orientation program for new employees and temporary agency assignments. Assess and recommend changes to orientation program to fully meet needs of new employees and the company, continuously improving the process.
- Maintains constructive working relationship with union leadership; Responds to inquiries on contract interpretation; Tracks and analyzes grievance activity, investigates grievances and prepares initial responses, and compiles past practice information reporting results and making recommendations. Assist in preparation for contract negotiations.
- Administer and provide guidance for company policies and programs. Evaluate feedback and compliance. Conduct policy research and draft policy language as requested. Administer the attendance policy, ensuring accuracy and up to date activity, and communicate regularly with management team and ensure timely administration of necessary actions.
- Coordinate annual open enrollment processes and new employee enrollment for BBK employees. Research and follow up on benefit-related questions from employees directly or via referral to the appropriate source, providing a high level of customer service. Administer non-insured employee benefit programs including work attire and tuition reimbursement.